WiFi Sensitivity – Suicide?
November 30, 2015
Posted by on
The Daily Mail reports a schoolgirl in the UK was found dead after suffering an allergic reaction to her school’s WiFi that made her life a misery, an inquest heard. The parents of 15-year-old Jenny Fry claim that she suffered from electro-hypersensitivity (EHS), which caused her to suffer tiredness, headaches and bladder problems.
Her mother Debra told the hearing that Jenny was badly affected by the wireless internet connections at Chipping Norton School in Oxfordshire, where she was a pupil. After becoming increasingly distressed by her symptoms – which were never investigated by a doctor – the schoolgirl was found hanged in Brooke Woods, near her home in Chadlington, in June 11 this year.
Earlier in the day she had texted a friend telling her she was not going to school that day, the inquest heard.
Mrs Fry and her husband Charles Newman told Oxfordshire Coroners’ Court that they believed their daughter became ill because of WiFi, and had removed the internet connection from their own home. They told today how she would often hide herself in empty classrooms and would only sit in certain seats in lessons so that she would be as far away from the router as possible, they said.
Speaking after the inquest, Mrs Fry said: WiFi and children do not mix. I believe that WiFi killed my daughter.’ Mrs Fry had told how Jenny started showing signs of EHS in November 2012. She said: ‘Jenny was getting ill and so was I. I did some research and found how dangerous WiFi could be so I had it taken out of the house. Both Jenny and I were fine at home but Jenny continued to be ill at school in certain areas.’
A commentator on the article noted: “In 2003 I installed a wifi router in my home. Within a month my wife (a Doctor) developed a serious arrhythmia and I began to experience difficulty in concentration. We removed the wifi and hardwired the system and the symptoms gradually disappeared. However I taught in a school which had a wifi transmitter in the classroom immediately above my own.
At the time I was assured it had been turned off at my request, but 6 weeks into term I developed problems concentrating and memory began to suffer. The router was still working. Neither I nor my headmaster knew this, I can still remember the shock on his face when I told him it was on. For the first time he realised that the problems it was causing me were not a product of my imagination.
The school were sympathetic and reduced the wifi footprint. There is too much money invested in wifi for the authorities to take the problem seriously. Sadly this child’s death will not be the last and there will be many who suffer in silence.